This Smoothing Milk and Brown Sugar DIY Body Scrub will exfoliate as well as cleansing and moisturising the skin. Milk contains lactic acid which is thought to dissolve the proteins that hold together dead skin cells, as well as gently exfoliating and cleansing the skin. Brown sugar is a source of Vitamin B due to its molasses content and helps to scrub away dead skin cells. Brown sugar is also a humectant, meaning that it draws moisture to the skin.
Milk & Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Published on September 9, 2013 | By Lorraine |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 25ml Full Fat Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Mix together the sugar, honey and oil until you have a crumbly, sticky mixture.
- Add in the milk, a little bit at a time, until your scrub is smooth but not runny. Be careful not to add too much milk as the mixture can quickly get too thin.
- Pour the mix into an airtight, sterilised jar or container. When applying, scrub firmly over your body in a circular motion, avoiding the face. Rinse properly with a washcloth and pat yourself dry with a towel.
- It is recommended that you use this sugar scrub no more than 1-2 times a week. It will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist who loves to write about the science of plants and their use in cosmetics. She is the CEO of Formula Botanica, the Organic Cosmetic ...Read more about this chef..
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.