This Soothing DIY Facial Steam uses two fragrant herbs, packed with essential oils. Lavender can help the skin heal itself and reduce inflammation. Chamomile is antibacterial and will help the steam in this recipe treat your skin. This wonderful facial steam will help you unwind and relax.
Lavender & Chamomile DIY Facial Steam
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Half a litre
- Difficulty Level Beginner
I love the way my skin feels fresh and detoxed after using this facial steam. The aromas from the lavender and chamomile are beautiful and help you relax as you steam open your pores with these wonderful skincare herbs.
- 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
- 2 tbsp dried chamomile flowers (if you cannot find dried chamomile flowers, use the contents of a chamomile tea bag)
- 500ml of boiled water
- Place the herbs in a large bowl.
- Pour enough boiling water over the herbs to cover them and fill the bowl. Allow the water to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes. Place your face over the bowl. Hang a clean tea towel over your head so that it covers you and the bowl. Don’t let your face touch the water.
- Make sure you find a comfortable place to sit while you use this facial steam. Relax, close your eyes and inhale the aromas for 5 minutes. Stop immediately if you feel dizzy or overheated. Afterwards, use a toner to cool your skin and close the pores.
- It is recommended that you apply this facial steam no more than 1-2 times a week. This facial steam should be used immediately and cannot be stored. The dried herbs can be stored separately for up to a year but they will start to lose their aroma after a while so it is best to keep them in a sealed container out of direct sunlight.
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.