French women have been using grapes on their skin for years as the ultimate anti-ageing product. Grapes contain antioxidants and make the skin softer and less prone to ageing. Grape skins contain a compound called resveratrol, which acts as a firming agent and improves radiance, tone and elasticity of the skin. Red grapes contain more resveratrol than white grapes. When applied to the skin regularly, this Grape DIY Face Mask should give you firmer skin. Grapes are very mild and can be applied to all types of skin.
Firming Grape Face Mask
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 3 tbsp red or white grapes, preferably organic
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Wash the grapes properly, particularly if your fruit is not organic. Fruit skins often contain pesticides.
- Place the grapes in a blender and blend to a thick pulp. Make sure you do not over-blend the mixture; you want to end up with a paste that you can handle rather than grape juice.
- Strain off the excess liquid (this will make a refreshing drink to treat your body from the inside) and place the paste in a bowl. Add in the corn flour to bind the mixture. Corn flour will also absorb any excess oil on your skin while the grapes work their magic.
- Pull back your hair and wash your face and neck, so they’re clean before you apply the face mask. Apply the mask all over your face and neck, taking care to avoid your eyes and mouth. Leave on for 10 minutes. Use this time to relax properly. Wash the mask off and pat your skin dry.
- It is recommended that you apply this face mask no more than 1-2 times a week. This face mask is best used immediately, but will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.