Cocoa powder contains lots of minerals including calcium, potassium and zinc as well as high levels of caffeine and theobromine. These compounds are able to break down fats and can have a draining effect on fatty cells which allows them to be used to firm skin. Combined with moisturising honey and exfoliating double cream, this Chocolate Honey Cake Mask is a delicious DIY beauty treat for your skin. Just don’t eat too much of it or you might feel a bit sick!
DIY Chocolate Honey Cake Mask
Published on February 18, 2015 | By Lorraine |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0.6 /5)
- 9 ratings
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- Blend together the cocoa powder, double cream and honey until you have a thick smooth chocolatey consistency.
- Pull back your hair and wash your face and neck, so they’re clean before you apply the face mask. Apply the mask all over your face and neck, avoiding your eyes and mouth. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Use this time to relax properly.
- Wash the mask off and pat your skin dry.
- It is recommended that you apply this face mask no more than 1-2 times a week. This face mask is best used immediately and cannot be stored.
- Servings : 1
- Ready in : 5 Minutes
- Course : Face
- Recipe Type : Face Mask
- Ingredient : Cocoa Powder, Cream, Honey
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist who loves to write about the science of plants and their use in cosmetics. She is the CEO of Formula Botanica, the Organic Cosmetic ...Read more about this chef..
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Rate this recipe
9 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.