This DIY recipe is probably the simplest lip balm ever and yet it is by far my favourite. Shea butter is a wonderful ingredient as it is so very rich and creamy. Best of all, it is very easy to manipulate as all you need to do is cream it together. Place the shea butter in a mortar & pestle and give it a good beating until it is thick and creamy! The more you ‘whip’ it, the creamier and fluffier it will get. This DIY Creamy Shea Lip Butter is perfect for moisturising your lips.
Creamy Shea Lip Butter
Published on February 3, 2014 | By Lorraine |1 Comments
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (2.8 /5)
- 5 ratings
- 40g shea butter
- 10g sweet almond oil
- Measure out the correct amounts of shea butter and sweet almond oil.
- Place both ingredients in a mortal and pestle and beat them until you have got rid of any lumps and the mixture is blended and creamy. The more you whip the butter, the creamier and fluffier it will get.
- Place in lip balm containers.
- Servings : Many
- Ready in : 15 Minutes
- Course : Lips
- Recipe Type : Lip Balm
- Ingredient : Almond Oil, Shea Butter
Rate this recipe
5 People Rated This Recipe
- (2.8 / 5)
One Response to Creamy Shea Lip Butter
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist who loves to write about the science of plants and their use in cosmetics. She is the CEO of Formula Botanica, the Organic Cosmetic ...Read more about this chef..
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Probably going to try this does anyone have any suggestions