It’s cold outside and winter is here. Even while wearing your thick winter clothes the cold temperatures and harsh winds can dry out your skin. So it’s a good idea to treat your skin with a lovely DIY Whipped Body Butter. And why not buy some kilner jars, make some labels and package up your body butter to give away as gifts?
Mango & Rosehip Whipped Body Butter
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 15g cocoa butter
- 65g mango butter
- 10g sunflower oil
- 9g rosehip oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of German chamomile essential oil
- Grate the cocoa butter into a double boiler. Add the mango butter, sunflower oil and rosehip oil. Warm the butters and oils together until they’ve just melted.
- You want to cool down the mixture so you can start whisking it. You can either place it in the fridge and leave it for a good half hour before it’s cold enough that parts of it start solidifying again. The other option is to put it in the freezer until it is almost frozen.
- Now add the essential oil drops and start whisking the body butter (preferably with an electric whisk) to make it fluffy and give it that ‘whipped’ look. The more you whisk it, the more it will start to take on that whipped texture. Keep whisking until the butter has almost doubled in size.
- This recipe is suitable for most skin types. The best thing of all about this Whipped Body Butter is that you can play around with the percentages of butter and oil, the types of ingredients best suited to your skin and the fragrance that you want with it. That’s the fun of DIY beautycrafting!
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.