This beautifully scented DIY Beauty facial scrub will help gently slough away your tired outer dead skin cells and give you a taste of the tropics at the same time! Bananas and coconut milk are moisturizing and provide a gorgeous fragrance to your regular exfoliation ritual. Grind up the rice finely and you’ll have an ideal base for this Lush Banana & Ground Rice Scrub.
DIY Banana & Rice Facial Scrub
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 2 tbsp organic rice
- Half a ripe banana
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- Grind the rice finely in a coffee grinder or spice grinder.
- Add in the ripe banana and make sure it is fully blended into the ground rice mixture.
- Slowly add in 1 tablespoon of coconut milk. If you feel the facial scrub could be a bit thinner, add in another tablespoon.
- Wet your face and then apply the face scrub. Gently exfoliate your facial skin by rubbing the scrub in small circles over your face, carefully avoiding your eyes and mouth. Wash your face with warm water to remove all of the scrub.
- It is recommended that you use this facial scrub no more than 1-2 times a week. It will keep for no more than 1 day in the fridge, so it is recommended that you make this recipe from fresh each time.
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.