This Ayurvedic Spice Face Mask is a treat from the East and draws on some powerful spices. Turmeric is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine (traditional medicine from India) to relieve inflammations, clean skin and treat skin problems. Turmeric is also used in some sunscreens as it protects the skin from free radicals. Cinnamon is a spice that brings blood to the surface of the skin, causing plumping, making lines less visible. Cinnamon can dry the skin and irritate if used too often, so only add a pinch.
Ayurvedic Spice Face Mask
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- A pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- Mix together all the ingredients properly so you create a smooth paste.
- Pull back your hair and wash your face and neck, so they’re clean before you apply the face mask. Apply the mask all over your face and neck, taking care to avoid your eyes and mouth. Leave on for 5 minutes. Use this time to relax properly. Wash the mask off and pat your skin dry.
- It is recommended that you apply this face mask no more than once a week. This face mask is best used immediately, but will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Get the latest recipes delivered to your inbox
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.